Making a choice on buying a new laptop is never an easy task. This is because you have to come to choose one that meets your desired features, function, price and many others. Here is where our list on the best budget laptops comes into handy.
When I was going to purchase my first laptop, I did not know what I really wanted. I had in mind the ideal laptop that I wanted, but making a choice from the many laptops on market was never easy. This is due to the many models, ever changing updates and the different operating systems.
List Of Contents
- 1 Factors To Consider When Choosing A Laptop To Buy
- 2 Here are the top 10 Best Budget Laptops that we recommend
- 2.0.1 Acer Chromebook 14
- 2.0.2 Dell XPS 13
- 2.0.3 Apple MacBook Pro 15-Inch (2016)
- 2.0.4 Asus Chromebook Flip (C302CA-DHM4)
- 2.0.5 HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2
- 2.0.6 HP Spectre x360
- 2.0.7 Microsoft Surface Book (2016, Intel Core i7)
- 2.0.8 Acer Aspire S 13
- 2.0.9 Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (2017)
- 2.0.10 Dell XPS 15 Touch 2017
Factors To Consider When Choosing A Laptop To Buy
In this article, I intend to guide you on the laptops that we recommend and their prices in order to make the work easy for you as you try to make your next choice of the laptop that you want to purchase. Whether you need your laptop for the home or for your movements or any other function, I will help you come up with options to choose from.
1. Components and features
- Screen size: The size of the screen determines the size of the laptop. A bigger screen means that the laptop will also be big while a smaller screen means a smaller laptop, which definitely means that it is very portable. However, a larger screen also has its own advantages especially having the bigger picture of things and the fact that you can open more tabs while browsing than when you have a laptop with a smaller screen.
- Weight: Depending on why you need that laptop for, the weight of your laptop should be fitting to your choice and needs. If you are planning to carry your laptop along for classes or work, you will need a laptop that weighs very less kgs. However, if you plan to leave your laptop on your desk, at home or at work, having a slightly heavier laptop won’t be a big bulk for you since you won’t be carrying it around. And therefore, you won’t need to spend much on a slim and weightless laptop.
- Battery life: The type of battery life for your laptop is very important as you choose a laptop. This is because, in case your kind of work requires you to keep moving especially to some place that will not avail you with power, then you need a very very strong battery laptop. However, if you just want to use your laptop on your desk where power is always available, then you won’t need to worry about the battery life of your laptop.
- Storage capacity: The storage capacity of your laptop will determine how you will use your laptop. Laptops with a smaller storage capacity will definitely limit the amount of work and applications you need to save on your laptop. While laptops with a bigger storage capacity will definitely allow you have the most you can on your laptop. For example, most cheap laptops offer up to 500GB of hard drive space while mostly the expensive ones will only have a small allotment (16 or 32GB) of flash storage which is obviously compensated for it with generous offers of additional free cloud storage.
2. The cost, how much you want to spend.
I even feel that I should have made this number one. While it is very essential to consider the above mentioned factors of features and components, it is even paramount to stress that the cost is one big thing to consider as you make your next move of the choice is a laptop that you want. When you put your budget before you, then you will know the type of laptop that you really want (which definitely fits in your budget). Keeping in mind that the more expensive most laptops are, the more they are better and cost effective since they be more functional.
3. Do I want a Windows laptop, MacBook or Chromebook?
Knowing the type of laptop that you want is very important. It is very essential to know that current devices run on operating systems of windows, MacBook and chrome. Therefore, it is recommendable that you decide whether you want windows laptop, MacBook or chrome. When you have your choice then you will know what type of laptop is good for you.
Windows laptops are those that run Microsoft’s Windows operating system. These laptops perform some of the widest ranging tasks, they are in a variety of brands, models and of course prices. Windows laptops are the commonly used with the greatest access to programmes, apps and games. However, their one big issue is that they are more vulnerable to viruses, meaning that you will have to consider installing an anti-virus.
These are all Apple laptops running on macOS and they are in categories of MacBook Pro, MacBook and MacBook Air. They are powerful, smooth, highly reliable and mostly expensive. They are best known for high performance use of creative software, connectivity to other Apple products and services and mostly expensive whereas their one issue is that they have limited access to some programs.
Chromebook is limited to online use and is a google product that operates like a web browser. They are fast and user friendly though they are limited to online use and google applications.
With the above discussion I am sure that you can use the features to know exactly which kind of laptop you want for your preferred work.
Here are the top 10 Best Budget Laptops that we recommend
Acer Chromebook 14
The Acer Chromebook, processed by Intel Chrome OS is a quality laptop that has every feature and components that you may need on any laptop. It has a processor speed of 1.6 GHz, RAM of 4GB and its storage capacity is 32GB. The Acer Chromebooks screen size is 14 inches with a weight of 3.7 Ibs and a battery rundown of 11:50. Its price is $294.98 at Amazon and is your choice if you want these features.
Dell XPS 13
This compact Ultrabook is the best in its class of Intel Kaby Lake processors with a CPU of Intel core i3-i7 and graphics of Itel HD 620. The Dell XPS 13 has a storage capacity of 128GB-512 GB and RAM of 4GB-16GB. It is thin and light with a battery life that goes beyond 7 hours, and screen of 13.3 inches with 11 inch frame. You can get it at the amazon price $1299.88 and in the Dell XPS, this Dell XPS 13 is one great choice for you.
Apple MacBook Pro 15-Inch (2016)
The Apple MacBook pro 15-Inch, processed by Intel Core 17-6820HQ is on the MACOS platform now slimmer and more capable, and comes equipped with Apple’s new Touch Bar. It has a processor speed of 2.7 GHz, RAM of 16GB and its storage capacity is 512GB. The Apple MacBooks screen size is 15.6 inches with a weight of 3.99 Ibs and a battery rundown of 11:19. Its price is $2,149.00 at Amazon and it is a laptop with the speed, storage, and size that may best suit your expectations.
Asus Chromebook Flip (C302CA-DHM4)
The Asus Chromebook Flip (C302CA-DHM4) is a bit more expensive than the average chromebook, but its rich selection of features, gorgeous design and 2 in 1 form factor makes it well worth the extra money. The Asus Chromebook Flip has a CPU of Intel Pentium- Core M3 and graphics of Itel HD 515. It has a storage capacity of 32GB-64GB and RAM of 4GB. You can get it at the amazon price $499.00
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2
This HP EliteBook has a comprehensive set of security features and is processed by Intel Core 17-7600U, is on the Windows 10 platform and has a graphics card of Intel HD 620. It has a processor speed of 2.8 GHz, RAM of 16GB and its storage capacity is 512GB. The HP EliteBooks screen size is 13.3 inches with a weight of 2.82 Ibs and a battery rundown of 14:03. Its price is $1,269.00 at HP and has a shiny exterior.
HP Spectre x360
HP Spectre x360 is a well-rounded 2-in-1laptop processed by Intel Core 17-7500U, is on the Windows 10 platform and has a graphics card of Intel HD 620. It has a processor speed of 2.7 GHz, RAM of 16GB and its storage capacity is 512GB. The HP Spectre x360s screen size is 13.3 inches with a weight of 2.83 Ibs and a battery rundown of 8:18. Its price is $1,269.00 at HP and it could be your choice.
Microsoft Surface Book (2016, Intel Core i7)
The new Microsoft Surface Book packs some powerful upgrades and fantastic battery life and is processed by Intel Core 17-7600U, is on the Windows 10 platform and has a graphics card of Nvidia Ge Force GT X965M. It has a processor speed of 2.6 GHz, RAM of 16GB and its storage capacity is 1TB. The Microsoft Surface Book screen size is 13.5 inches with a weight of 3.63 Ibs and a battery rundown of 19:16. Its price is $1,899.00 at HP and I recommend it for its battery life.
Acer Aspire S 13
The Acer Aspire S 13 is from CPU Intel Core i3- i7 and has a graphics card of Intel HD 520-620. It has a RAM of 4GB-8GB and its storage capacity is 128GB-512GB. The Acer Aspire S 13 screen size is 13.3 inches with FHD (1,920×1, 080) anti-glare touchscreen IPS. Its price is $669.40 at Amazon.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (2017)
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon laptop is processed by Intel Core 15-7300U, is on the Windows 10 platform and has a graphics card of Intel HD 620. It has a processor speed of 2.6 GHz, RAM of 8GB and its storage capacity is 256GB. The Lenovo ThinkPad XI carbon screen size is 14 inches with a weight of 2.45 Ibs and a battery rundown of 15:59. Its price is $1,322.10 at Lenovo and $1,349.00 MSRP. However, it is a very thin, light, and powerful laptop that you would find worth spending on.
Dell XPS 15 Touch 2017
The Dell XPS 15 Touch 2017 is processed by Intel Core i7-7700U, is on the Windows 10 platform and has a graphics card of Nvidia Ge Force GTX 1050. It has a processor speed of 2.8 GHz, RAM of 16GB and its storage capacity is 512TB. The Dell XPS 15 screen size is 15.6 inches with a weight of 4.44 Ibs and a battery rundown of 6:05. Its price is $999.00 and it is one of the best in the Dell XPS category.
I hope list on the best budget laptops aids you to get your ideal laptop. Kindly let me know incase i missed out any other brand you know about.